1. General Provision
- Controller: Optima Media S.L acts as data controller collecting and processing personal data
- Data Subject: any legal person or natural person sharing his data with Optima Media S.L
- Collect: method used to obtain personal data. Data may be collected in particular by means of business forms, questionnaires, application forms or replies to messages (Email, Skype, letter but not limited to) and by cookies – See “Cookies Policy“.
- Consent: authorization freely given to collect and to process your data given by you to the data processor by a statement, by acceptance of cookies usage or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of your personal data by Optima Media S.L
- Job candidate: person who has applied for a position at Optima Media S.L
- Prospect: person who has contacted Optima Media S.L to get information about our services.
- Customer/Client/Advertiser: company or its representative having entered a commercial agreement or a service contract with Optima Media S.L
- Provider & Supplier: IT service suppliers, accounting and law firms, subcontractors, payroll company, HRIS solution provider working with or for Optima Media S.L
- Service: Products and services provided by Optima Media S.L
- Anonymization: result of the processing of personal data making your identification data irreversibly anonymous
3. Which data are collected and processed?
We may collect personal information from clients, customers, job candidates, suppliers, providers, advertisers and website users (hereinafter “You”) which are likely to identify you (Personal data) when You, (i) fill out forms or fields on our website (ii) sign a contract with us (iii) complete an application for a product, a service or for a job application available through the website and (iv) communicate with us by email, mail, text, telephone, facsimile or other electronic means. (v)
The data collected and processed contains, but is not limited to, in particular the following information:
- Company/Body/Organisation name (if You are a legal person)
- Name and last name (if You are a natural person)
- Company Registration number
- Passport or ID copy
- Phone, e-mail address and website
- IP address
- Name, surname, email address and Skype contact
- A copy of the communications between you and Optima Media S.L
- Details of the financial or accounting transactions carried out by any means containing your bank details.
You are under no statutory obligation to provide us with your personal information. However, we require a minimum amount of information from you in order for us to deal with your data as a prospect, customer, candidate, supplier, provider in an efficient and effective manner.
4. Purpose of the processing and the lawful basis for the processing
In this context, the processing is necessary for the execution of contracts concluded between you and Optima Media S.L and provide you with the requested information and services or to be able to process your job application. Personal data is collected and processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes at all times mainly for the following:
- To manage candidate applications
- To send you information about our services by any means of communication
- To enable you to access and use our website and other digital tools we may provide as part of our service
- To protect and secure our website and data
- To manage the follow-up given to the requests and inquiries received
- To compile statistics on users on our website and analysing their search behaviour
- To collect payments or to issue payments
- To inform you about changes of our services
- To improve our marketing campaigns
- To manage accounting & tax
- To record agreements and payment transactions
4. Disclosure of the Data
We reserve the right to disclose and/or transfer Information to another entity if we are acquired by or merged with another company, if we sell or transfer a business unit or assets to another company, as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer. We may disclose Information in order to comply with the law, regulation, a judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order, or other legal process. We may disclose to our advertisers and other third parties aggregated or anonymised information about users for marketing, advertising, research or statistics purposes.
5. Retention Period
Optima Media S.L undertakes to store personal data only for the period provided for by the regulations relating to the protection of personal data and no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are collected
- Advertisers, Customers, Clients, Suppliers, Providers personal data collected for contractual purpose shall be detained for an undetermined period as long as the contractual relationship lasts. Once the contractual relation finishes, the information shall be stored for a period of six years according to Spanish law.
- Job Applicant: 2 years maximum starting from the time of last contact with the applicant
After the end of the retention period, the data will be deleted from our information systems.
6. Data Transfers
We store the Personal Data that we hold in the European Union (“EU”). Given the fact that we are trading internationally, data might be transferred to “third countries” where only “adequacy of protection” or specific certification as defined by the GDPR has been confirmed.
When such a transfer happens, we ensure that we get your consent and that it takes place in accordance with this Privacy Notice and is regulated by standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate protection for data subjects.
7. Web Browser Cookies
8. Rights of Data Subjects
While We process your personal data, you have a series of rights so that you can decide and control at all times how We use your Personal Data. You can exercise these rights at any time. To exercise your rights, please send us an email to [email protected]. For security purposes and in order to meet your request, we need to make sure that it is really you, so you must provide us with a copy of your identity document; we would also appreciate if you could indicate the right you wish to exercise.
8.1 Rights to be informed of the lawful basis for processing
The right to be informed of the purpose for which Optima Media process the personal data and the lawful basis for the processing, which is the legitimate interest of the company.
8.2 Rights to be informed of transfers to third parties
The right to be informed that the personal data collected may be transferred to the following third parties:
- Tax Administration
- Administrative Management of Customers and Suppliers
- Judicial Organs
- Local Police
- Other Bodies of the State Administration
- Other bodies of the Autonomous Community
- Provincial Councils
- Other parts of the Local Administration
- Notaries, lawyers and solicitors
8.3 Rights to withdraw consent at any time – Opting-Out
If You supply us with your email address, you may receive periodic emails from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not want to receive emails from us in the future, please let us know. However, we may still contact you concerning administrative or transactional matters.
Persons who supply us with their phone numbers may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know.
8.4 Rights to have their personal data secured
Your personal data shall be stored in a secure and confidential way.
8.5 Rights to Erasure
You are able to request your personal data We store to be erased at any moment
8.6 Rights of access
You may request access to your personal data We store. The data shall be provided in a portable format easily accessible by the User.
8.7 Rights to Rectification
You may request to correct any information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect or misleading.
8.8 Rights to lodge a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, at any moment, if deemed appropriate to the Spanish Data Protection Agency
9. Children under 18
Our Site and products or services available through the Site are not intended for children under 18 years old. We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under 18 years old. If we knowingly receive a child’s personally identifiable information, we will immediately delete it from our system. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 18 years old and you believe we have received personal information from your child, please contact us at [email protected]
10. Data security
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us, so we store and process your personal information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation. Optima Media S.L takes precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to safeguard your Data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Data access is limited to our authorized employees as part of their work or to potential service providers as part of the performance of a service. Potential contractors that we might hire are subject to the same obligations.
Note that security of your personal information also depends on you. Please do not communicate any information to us through unsecured channels, such as when you are in public area. Please note that the transmission of information via the Internet or other means of communication is not completely secure. Although we take all reasonable measure to secure your information, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. By using our service and website you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and you cannot hold us liable for any breach of security from your system or devices. If you believe your personal data have been compromised, please contact us immediately at [email protected]
11. Change of Policy
Updated on the 1st of April 2020